Who needs a DV-100?
This form is used by the individuals who experience any form of domestic violence (physical, sexual, emotional, etc.) If an individual wants to file a criminal charge against an abuser and obtain a restraining order, he or she must complete this form and file it with the court officer.
What is the form DV-100 for?
This form serves as a request for restraining order. The information provided in the form is used by the court clerk to start a criminal case against the abuser and make a certain court decision concerning the case.
Is the DV-100 accompanied by other forms?
The victim or the victim’s lawyer has to to fill out form CLETS-001 and other forms depending on the case.
When is the form DV-100 due?
The individual must fill out the form when he or she experience any forms of domestic violence. The sooner the victim starts the case, the sooner they can obtain a restraining order.
How do I fill out the DV-100 form?
The request asks for a lot of information. While completing the form the filler has to fill out the following sections:
- Name of person asking for protection (address is not obligatory)
- Name of abuser and description of this person
- Other family members who need protection
- The relationship to the abuser (the filler has to check the appropriate box)
- Other court cases (if there are any)
- Types of the wanted orders (personal conduct order, stay-away order, move-out order)
- Information about the guns and other firearms
- Unlawful communication
- Information about the animals
- Details of child custody, visitation and child support
- Information about the property control
- Information about the debts, spousal support, lawyer’s fees and costs
- Description of abuse
The requester and the lawyer must sign the form and date it.
What do I do with the form after its completion?
The completed form must be filed with the court clerk in the Superior court of California.